About

Curriculum Vitae

I am currently a PhD student at The Graduate Center, City University of New York Department of Anthropology.  I have previously taught courses related to prehistoric archaeology and Viking Age migration and trade as an adjunct lecturer in the anthropology department at Queens College.  In Fall 2012 I began working at City College as an Instructional Technology Fellow for Macaulay Honors College.

This blog is my first attempt to convey my academic and professional interests to the rest of the world.  I hope to provide a running commentary on a range of topics that are of interest to me: archaeology, teaching, interactive technology, digital social media, and the myriad ways that these topics intertwine.

My research involves a comparative study of Viking Age material culture in the North Atlantic and focuses on the distribution of common artifact types found on settlement sites.  The aim of my dissertation is to learn more about the scale and significance of trade between continental Europe and the North Atlantic islands and of trade and exchange among the islands during the Viking Age.  Besides being a full-time student and teacher, I am working on a certificate in interactive technology and pedagogy, which has largely been the inspiration for this blog.